Friday, March 27, 2009

Insomnia & Guilt

I can take a lot from a pregnancy, but insomnia leading to sleep deprivation is my biggest weakness. I NEED MY SLEEP. Oh well. I woke at 3:30 this morning and just can't get back to sleep, I started thinking about the idiot neighbor with the GIANT dogs who gets up when everyone is asleep so they can s**t in my yard and he doesn't have to clean it up. So I am between the laptop, coffee pot and window. One night I'll jump out and surprise him and get a picture of it. I am kept awake too, thinking about dumping it on his front porch after I have spent my time picking it up. See what sleep deprivation does to me? It makes me downright mean! Back to confession I need to go!

My GUILT also comes from my use, or abuse, of CARBS. I think I am doing so well, and then the kids are having chips-a-hoy and oh boy, one cookie and I'm done. Kaye's last article on depression and why we eat carbs put a lot into focus for me and I have been mindful of the amount of carbs vs protein I have been consuming, and the key I think has been the constant "why am I doing this to myself" thought. That article spoke volumes about me, to me.

A more recent Kaye article about carbs and how many wls patients can still get type II diabetes also was a kick in the pants for me! What? I can still get diabetes? I thought this was a cure all! Oh no, now I'm waking up. Even though I'm super pregnant, DOUBLE pregnant, I think I'm coming out of that mucho weightloss honeymoon phase.... the weight is gone, but now I need to still be HEALTHY.

If you have NO IDEA what articles I am referring to, go to the right and check out Kaye Bailey's WLS articles in the widget. They are well worth the read!

Mrs. Murphy

No comments: