Saturday, January 3, 2009

Feeling it Out

Well, I haven't been on the computer too much the past few days because frankly I've been feeling rotten. When the hunger and light headedness strikes, it's really not so easy to think logically "what is the most protein dense, nutrient filled, properly proportioned meal I can have right now?" The nausea usually follows for me quickly and I just wind up in bed.

My husband picked up a can of salted nuts, thinking it would be a good protein filled snack - what a wonderful thought, since it worked fine for the other pregnancies, but not this time. Now the grease, fat, and salt even in just a handful of nuts put me in the bathroom repeatedly.

Now I know, even though I knew before, but now I really KNOW that I have to have a plan and the food, in place.

Yesterday was much better, I was up at 4:30 with the growling pouch. I toasted a small piece of bread and scrambled one egg in the shape of the bread, buttered the toast and put a slice of cheese on it and then topped it with the egg. It took me 25 minutes to get down, but it was fine. A few hours later, a piece of peanut butter toast with some banana. We did a family trip to the Tacoma museums and on the way picked up BK (I know...) and I got a grilled chicken sandwich. I got a third down about every hour-and-a-half, minus most of the bread, and it got me through the afternoon.

So today, I'm dragging the brood to the store with my list and my coupons and I'm going to work on my plan. What do I need? Back to basics...lean protein, fruits and veggies every few hours. I'll let you know how it works out, I'm going to be working on a rotating meal plan that feeds me and baby every few hours. Please, share with me what you are doing! I would LOVE to know what is working for you!

And a special thanks to Kaye Bailey from Living After Weight Loss Surgery, who has been an amazing resource and so helpful from before the beginning for supporting my new Blog. Thank you!

More to come!
Mrs. Murphy

No comments: