Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Haven't Forgotten You!

It's been quite a time in the Murphy home this past week, a little one with the flu, another needing glasses, doctors appointments for me, the hubby home and on home projects...yikes! And as a home schooling mom I need to take this historic time and use it for school lessons, so we have been learning like mad about what it means to change Presidents, and also a big unit on Martin Luther King Jr. and Civil Rights.

Good choices have slipped some, but I am making my way back! Let me share with you my favorite pasta salad:

1 lb protein enriched pasta (bow tie, curly, etc.)
1 frozen package chopped spinach (or you can chop fresh spinach)
1 container fresh cherry or grape tomatoes (or you could dice up a couple of good tomatoes)
1 can sliced black olives
1 8oz package crumbled feta
cooked shredded chicken, or steak or even pepperoni
Olive Oil

Cook pasta, thaw, squeeze water out of and break up spinach, wash tomatoes, put all together and mix up with olive oil. Best if chilled for a while. Enjoy!

No comments: